Sign Up for ADRC Event Notifications
Aging and Disability Resource Center of Broward County, Florida
Volunteer Leaders are being sought for the ADRC's Chronic Disease Self Management Program (CDSMP). The volunteers should be health or social service professionals or lay leaders knowledgeable regarding chronic disease.
Leaders Sought For Self-Management Program
Do you or someone you care for struggle to manage: diabetes, arthritis, asthma, high blood pressure, heart or lung disease, sickle cell, pain, depression or other ongoing health conditions? Would you like to help yourself as well as others manage these type of chronic health conditions?
If so, then the Aging and Disability Resource Center of Broward County has a program for you!
Volunteer leaders are currently being sought for our Chronic Disease Self Management Program. We are looking for people who are motivated to help themselves and to assist others to manage chronic health conditions.
No prior teaching experience is necessary, and a mandatory, four day Peer Leader Training Course is provided free of charge.
After completing the Training Course, you will be certified to co-facilitate "Living for Healthy Life" Workshops in your community. These Workshops are a six-week course designed and researched by Stanford University. They meet weekly and their primary goal is to help older people, who are affected by chronic disease, to take control of their own health through lifestyle and behavior changes.
The Ideal Leader Will:
- Have taken the Living Healthy Workshop as a participant, if possible.
- Have a chronic condition, if possible, or have life experience of living with a family member with chronic illness.
- Not be fearful of public speaking.
- Be comfortable with presenting the program strictly as written in the Leader’s Manual.
- Be committed to helping others with chronic conditions as a volunteer.
For More Information
Call the Aging & Disability Resource Center, 954.745.9567.
Hurricane Weather Links
- Hurricane Model Plots
- National Hurricane Center
- Satellite - North Atlantic
- Satellite - United States
- Board/Advisory Council Installation Dinner - Jan 19
- Valentine's Day Fashion Show & Luncheon - Feb 10
- More . . .